The following are some recommended preventative risks that need to be addressed with your GP
• Smoking Cessation
• Alcohol Advice
• Cardiovascular Risk Assessment – Cholesterol and Blood Pressure checks starting from 40 years of age, earlier if there is a significant family history.
• Diabetes Check – starting from 40 years of age.
• Cervical Cancer Check (Pap Smear) – 2 yearly from 18yrs of age or 1 year after becoming sexually active.
• Breast Cancer Check – mammogram 50 years of age, earlier if there is a significant family history.
• Bowel Cancer Check – 50 years of age, earlier if there is a significant family history.
• Skin Cancer Check
• Kidney Disease Check – 50 years of age, earlier if there is a significant family history.
• Influenza Vaccination – recommended yearly. Available free for all persons over 65 years of age, pregnant women, Indigenous Australians over 15 years of age and over, children between 6 months and 5 years of age and all people with the following medical conditions: cardiac disease, chronic respiratory conditions, people with impaired immunity and smokers.
• Pneumonia Vaccination – Available Free for Non-Aboriginal aged 65 years and over, Aboriginal 50 years, or over 15 years if medically at risk.